My research revolves around natural hazards, the socioeconomic impacts of disasters and geospatial data analysis.
Work in Progress
- Mapping the Response of Population Movements to Hurricane Harvey with Cellphone GPS Location Data, with M. Oppenheimer, M. and S.-M. Cheong
- Lackner, S. (2018). Earthquakes and economic growth. No. 190. FIW Working Paper. https://www.econstor.eu/bitstream/10419/194225/1/1043719490.pdf. Most recent version here.
- Beedasy J., Petkova E., Lackner S., Sury J., Jeong Oh E., and W.-Y. Tsai (2019) Gulf Coast Parents Speak: Children’s Health Outcomes in the Aftermath of the Deepwater Horizon Oil Spill. Submitted.
- Lackner, S., Pennerstorfer D., Sinabell F., and C. Small (2018) The Relationship between Nightlight and Socioeconomic Variables at High Spatial Resolutions.
- Lackner, S. (2019) A New Approach to Visualizing Spatial Exposure Data for Comparing Earthquakes
Published Peer-Reviewed Articles
- Sinabell F., Böhs G., Lackner S., Pennerstorfer D., Habersack H., Löschner L., Samek R., Schober B., and W. Seher. 2016. Natural Hazards and the Impact on Länder Budgets in Austria, Austrian Institute of Economic Research.
- Sinabell F., Pennerstorfer D., and S. Lackner. 2016. An Economic Assessment of Torrent and Avalanche Control Measures in Austria. The Supply of Protective Constructions and Future Demand, Austrian Institute of Economic Research.